Thursday, May 31, 2012

Crystal Ball Charm Necklace

A few years ago I bought a couple feet of silver curb chain, meaning to use it in some kind of necklace, but since then it had only been gathering dust in my findings box. So when the time came to put one of my new Crystal Ball beaded beads into jewelry, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to dust off that chain.
I wanted this necklace to showcase the beaded bead, so I decided against adding other beadwoven components to this piece. Instead, I paired it with an assortment of Czech glass beads and Swarovski crystals in matching colors, and sorted those off into little charms running up and down the length of the necklace. I also added some of them to a little tassel dangling off the end of the beaded bead.
Next time, I think I'll try using a slightly thicker chain so that it will be easier to add the charms, but at this point I'm pretty satisfied with this first attempt. I'm keeping this one for myself, so you might just spot me wearing it at the Bead & Button Show next week :)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that is soo pretty and feminine looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Terri and Kim! I'll have to re-use this color combo in the future too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...